The Dover Police Department Police Athletic League (P.A.L.) was established as a juvenile crime prevention program that uses mentoring, educational, athletic and recreational activities to create trust and understanding between law enforcement and youth.
The overall goal of Dover Police P.A.L. is to provide a program for KIDS of the community that is FUN and will INSPIRE youth members to learn and practice the ideals of sportsmanship, scholarship, and physical fitness through the following objectives:
· Bringing area youth members closer together through a common interest in athletic competition, activities, and inspiring programs,
· Providing supervised, organized, and safety-oriented learning environments,
· Teaching them the fundamentals of a variety of activities to include athletics,
· Collaborating closely with local school programs,
· Providing the opportunity to practice and play free from pressure to win at all costs,
· Using only those volunteers whose goals support these objectives and that teach and behave in an exemplary manner.
DOVER POLICE ATHLETIC LEAGUE PROGRAMS
To view a complete list of opportunities and programs in the Dover Police Department Police Athletic League, please visit:
Interested in helping your community and having an impact on youth in the Dover community? Becoming a P.A.L. volunteer is a great chance to get involved.*
*Volunteer applicants are subject to criminal background check upon submitting their application.