The Dover Police Department has two full time civilians assigned to Parking Enforcement. The Parking Enforcement Unit contributes to the overall safety and security of the people of Dover by focusing on the Dover Police Department traffic safety priorities. This is achieved through various strategies including enforcement, visibility, public awareness and education programs.
Specifically the Unit is charged with:
- Assisting with the safe and orderly flow of traffic;
- Responding to the public and private parking concerns of the community.
- Regulating parking through the equitable and discretionary application of by-laws.
- Assisting at special events, ensuring the safe and unobstructed movement of vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- Fostering crime prevention by providing a radio equipped, highly visible, uniformed presence in our communities.
- Performing such duties as may be directed by the Chief of Police.