The Dover Police Department Public Affairs Office has launched a Pinterest Page on July 31, 2015 in hopes of reuniting owners with unclaimed property. Previously, the department had no method to showcase unclaimed property to the public. Most items are turned in to the Dover Police Department or found by officers as lost property. Some items were recovered during criminal investigations. On the first day of the program, the department listed 32 items with plans to continually add more in the future.
If you believe you have unclaimed property listed on the site, please contact Dean Anderson (Evidence Technician) at 302-736-7126 between 8:00AM-4:00PM, Monday-Friday to schedule a pickup appointment.
The Evidence technician has final determination if the person claiming the property is the rightful owner or legal representative thereof. In order to provide proof of ownership, the evidence technician may request proof of ID or ownership to include (but not limited to) the following:
- Government issued identification (driver’s license/SSN Card/Birth Certificate/etc)
- Utility Bill or other proof of residency
- Receipt or box of item being claimed with matching serial number
- Ability to log into electronic devices with correct username/password witnessed by evidence technician
- Any other form of ID or proof of ownership the evidence technician deems necessary.